Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

rust stains hull and transom area

Visiting Guest

12-24-05, 02:07 PM   #1  
josh3423
rust stains hull and transom area

What is the easiest and best way to remove light to moderate rust stains on the hull and transom areas?

Sponsored Links

12-31-05, 06:02 AM   #2  
Posted By: josh3423 What is the easiest and best way to remove light to moderate rust stains on the hull and transom areas?
You don't mention the type of hull material... However - any good marine supply company offers a multitude of cleaners, one of which will work specifically on rust stains.... I suggest looking through the West Marine or Overtons Catalogue - available online.

MO

03-11-06, 08:02 PM   #3  
If the hull is fiberglass, here's what I did on a used boat I bought last fall. What I had was a water ring around the back half of the hull. I tried an acid hull cleaner but it didn't work at all. I used 3M 2000 grit Wet-or-Dry sandpaper, dipping often in water, rubbing gently. After that, I used rubbing compound and an electric buffer on it. It came out looking like a brand new hull. Good luck.

MI

03-15-06, 07:59 AM   #4  
What about CLR? calcium, lime, & RUST... should work, comercials show them wiping rust stains away.

Search this Thread