Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Omc 120

Visiting Guest

01-05-06, 03:58 PM   #1  
tjsmk8
Omc 120

I am considering buying a boat with a 1969 OMC 120 stern drive. Does anyone know if it would be equipped with power tilt/trim? I am unable to see the boat in person without a considerable drive and the seller doesn't seem to know much about it. It is a 17' rinkerbuilt (very cheap so I'm thinking about it). Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Admin Emeritus

CAL

03-04-06, 07:01 AM   #2  
A Boat To Avoid

Hello: tjsmk8

My advice. Forget it. If the current owner does not know if his boat has power trim tabs, likely doesn't know anything else or anything specific or maybe in general about boats. Besides this, in my opinion, the boat is too old, not likely to have replacement parts easily available and not ikely in good condition even if he was giving it to you free. Unless you know boats and see it in person, look elsewhere.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating.
Sharp Advice. Boating Enthusiast. Web Sites Host, Forums Monitor, Moderator Hiring Agent & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional detailed and specific information, etc. to this thread. Using the reply button method also moves the topic back up to the top of the daily list automatically.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating.
Sharp Advice. Boating Enthusiast. Web Sites Host, Forums Monitor, Moderator Hiring Agent & Multiple Topics Moderator. TCB4U2B2B Enterprises.

Search this Thread