stuck

Old 03-03-06, 07:07 PM
stuck

i recently bought an 83 glasstream w/ a evinrude 140. it has a preditor prop and motor was rebuilt. top speed on this boat is about 55 - 60 it screams ( or did ) i have only put it in the water 2 times and both times when you tried to slowly go forward it would clatter real bad. if you full throtteled it you better hang on. but today i took it out it backed out fine and when i went forward it jerked and that was all she wrote ( the fat lady sang) i now have the bottom end unbolted but it won't come lose. so now what.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-03-06, 08:49 PM
have had it happen alot.take a piece of 2x4 and plase on the edge of the lower unit.then take a rubber hammer and hit on the wood,do this on both sides and it should come right down.one other thing that has got me sometimes is i leave a bolt in at the front of the unit.you may have to have somebody move the gear shift just a little while you do it.

Old 03-03-06, 10:11 PM
where are the gears for forward and reverse i think i might have gone to far was i just suppose to pull out the shaft where the prop is and if so how do i do that by just unbolting the 4 in the back or do i need to disconnect something else.

Old 03-04-06, 10:00 AM
ok there are 4 to 5 bolts that bolt the lower unit onto the mid section,undo them.in some for it to come off somebody needs to be were you shift it to forward or reverse,just move the shifter a little,like you are putting it in gear.no need to pull prop because its not going to get you to the gears.