eagle ultra classic fish finder

Old 03-07-06, 06:59 PM
wwc
Question eagle ultra classic fish finder

My fish/depht finder just quit one day, no power or anything, and i need to know how to test it.
Does anyone know how to do that.

I tried tracing the wires but haven't had good luck with that yet, maybe it is wired hot somewhere.
I know when i use it i don't have to have any switch on.

thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-06, 07:10 PM
if you dont have a switch then it is run to the battery.should be a small red wire with a fuse holder on it,check it.the + and - wires for them are small.is this on the dash or the front?

Old 03-07-06, 09:07 PM
wwc
It's mounted infront of the windshield. i have a fish and ski boat. it's mounted infront of the drivers side windshield.

It has balck wires through the fiberglass that i can trace from inside the front storage compartment but then the wires disapear and i can't find where they go to the back to the batterys.

I can't find any fuse either.

On the back of the gauge it has two plug connections, one has two pins and the other has 8 pin holes.
is the two pin one the power connection? can i test with jumper wires from a battery to those pins?

Old 03-08-06, 09:07 PM
i know on my H-Bird the two pin are the power and would think it was on them.if this is a newer boat it may have brakers on it,like fuses.whats the name and year of the boat?if know brakers then it has to be spliced into power wire or going to the battery.

Old 03-09-06, 08:43 AM
wwc
I made a call to eagle and the guy told me the two pins at 10 and 2 position of the six pins are the negative and positive pins.
I'm not sure if he is correct because i found 12v at the pin holes at the 7 and 5 position on the plug.

I traced the wires better yesterday and i did find a inline fuse under the dash from where it's hooked up hot,and it's good.

I tried hooking up a couple jump wires to both 2 sets of pins of the six pins on the unit but it did nothing.
I didn't try the two pins of the other connector for fear of shortening it all out.

There is a small plug between the two connections with a couple tiny slot like holes and i don't know what it is for.
could there be a internal fuse ?
the user manual doesn't say anything about a internal fuse or what this "plug" is, anyone know?
the boat is a VIP fish and ski made in the late 80's
it has breakers on a panel beside the drivers seat and they pop out when they're thrown.
But i know it's hot wired because i never have to have a switch on to watch the fish finder while we are just sitting on the lake. I just turn it on and off at the power button on the unit.
thanks for the replys.

Old 03-09-06, 07:06 PM
does the plug and wires look like this picture?
http://i3.ebayimg.com/02/i/04/d7/e6/66_1_b.JPG

Old 03-10-06, 11:25 AM
wwc
Well that looks like the same pic in my manual.

Mine has two plugs that connect into the back of the unit, i'm not exactly sure if one is for temp and one is actually for the sonar, i don't have a temp gauge hooked up so it may just be covering the one hook up.

My plug has 6 pin holes with a "shevron" in the center.

Most of the new units i saw at bass pro shop were smaller plugs than mine and wouldn't plug in.

If i saw a real picture of a plug i could tell you for sure if it's right.