Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Need advice on boat motor!! any help appreciated

04-02-06, 09:27 AM   #1  
Need advice on boat motor!! any help appreciated

I was fixing to go wash my boat and on the side of the boat motor I used the switch to lift the motor for a few minutes, then when I went to lower the motor it would not lower at all
almost like it was stuck or something. I again tried and
the power was working because the motor was trying to lower but it just wouldn't....Any help on this issue would be greatly appreciated. The motor is only 2yrs old, and the up/down switch is on one side and again can't get the boat motor to lower....Thanks for any help you can give me....

Okieppfishy
semper Fi

Sponsored Links

04-04-06, 08:54 PM   #2  
sounds as if you may have hit the metal motor totter that is built on the motor.it is a metal bracket that can be flipped to lock the motor from coming down.it is close to where the trim cylander is hooked to the motor.

Admin Emeritus

CAL

04-08-06, 04:32 AM   #3  
Hello Okieppfishy. Welcome to the Boats, Sailing, Pwc's & Navigations topic and the Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

The oil pressurized hydraulic cylinders are dual sided push/pull feed. Which means there will be two hydraulic hoses to each.

In-line between the pump and the cylinders is an oil switching hydraulic valve. Inside it, the bar bell may be jammed to one side due to internal pitting. Causing the bar bell to hangup. (Not move to the other side.) More likely stuck on the engines safety lock.

Kindly use the reply button to add any additional information or questions, etc. to this thread. Using this method also moves the topic back up to the top of the daily list automatically.

Regards, Good Luck & Safe Boating. Sharp Advice. Boating Enthusiast. Web Sites Host, Forums Monitor, Moderator Hiring Agent & Multiple Topics Moderator.

Search this Thread