Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

torque wrench

06-24-06, 09:39 AM   #1  
torque wrench

The alpha 1 water pump nuts have to be torqued with an inch-pound torque wrench. I have purchased one, but it has to be re-calabrated. Can any one tell me where i would go to have this done? Thanks, Don

Sponsored Links

06-24-06, 09:51 AM   #2  
Some manufacturers offer this service. Other than this, I have no clue.

Visiting Guest

06-25-06, 05:47 AM   #3  
Pwrbait
Contact a local machine shop. Some offer that service, if they don't they can tell you where they send theirs to. A torque wrench calibration machine isn't something a lot of places have though. The thing is huge and SO EXPENSIVE most can't justify it, plus the operator has to be certified, the machine calibrated once a year, and there are a number of liability issues attached with a service like that, so they send all their wrenches out to be done. After it's calibrated, if the wrench is handled properly you shouldn't ever have to do it again. Never leave tension on the spring, after you've applied your troque, run the wrench back to zero and lock it. NEVER loosen with a torque wrench. This is the fastest way to run it out of calibration. Always store it in it's case or some form of protection, and keep it in a fairly stable temperature environment. By following these steps, your wrench will last forever.
Chris

Search this Thread