Jestski smoking from inside after run....

Old 06-26-06, 02:51 PM
Jestski smoking from inside after run....

I have a 96 tigershark. its been running OK, but lately, I noticed that the thing is smoking after a run.

When I took the seat off, the smoke is coming from the muffler area at the back. there is water in the bottom ( normal) and I am wondering if it is just steam. I tightened all the hose clamps (some were lose) cleaned out the water filter, and water IS coming out the side at a good rate when under way.

A while ago I discovered that a water tube had come loose from the exhaust manifold, and was dumping water all over the engine (Good thing the pump was working!). I fixed that, and tried to blow out all the water lines (incase they were clogged). before putting the tubes back on. It would appear that water is dumped into the exhaust to cool it, but as I said, it still is smoking after a run, which is never did before. I also suspect that the kids flipped it, as papers in the front compartment were wet.

Any idea why it would smoke? I tightened all the clamps on the exhaust, I don't think its dangerous, but seeing smoke comming out from under the seat does not look good.

Sponsored Links
Old 06-30-06, 10:09 AM
I found the problem:

the exhaust pipe was leaking, letting exhaust into the jetski, thus starving the chamber of air, and the engine would quit. Looks like a repair job is called for ( hope I can get parts for this still!)