Marine plywood sources

Old 07-17-06, 08:02 AM
Marine plywood sources

Replacing the floor on my 1967 Mark Twain runabout. Does anyone have an economical source for marine plywood, (1/2" douglas fir AB)?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-06, 09:43 PM
Pwrbait
Visiting Guest
Check with your local boatyards and find out where they are getting theirs from. There are different grades of 1/2" marine grade, so make sure you are using the right grade for the application. If your going to glass over it, you don't really need maring grade, if you are building a casting deck, go for the high density.

Old 07-23-06, 09:13 PM
Wink

I have use a lot of just exterior plywood in the boats works real good and lasts. You can glass it in for the air tank or just put a rug over it Also have used the geen wood or treated plywood that hold up real good also.

ED

Old 08-12-06, 07:16 PM
Marine plywood

I am considering a similiar project and have been wondering what the difference is between marine plywood and pressure treated plywood. I plan on glassing it in and had also heard not necessary to use marine or pressure treated, but considering the minimal cost difference (need less then one sheet) was considering using either press treat or marine grade. Comments would be appreciated from those that have gone before me!!
bobsea43