Leakage on SeaDoo drive shaft

Old 08-13-06, 05:49 PM
Leakage on SeaDoo drive shaft

My sister's 95 SeaDoo that has not been in the water in a couple of years leaks at both ends of the rubber hose covering the shaft from the engine to the pump. I tightened the clamps on both ends and that reduced the leakage, but I can still see the leakage. I noted the serk fittings and asked my sister if she had ever lubed the shaft - she said "what's a zerk fitting - lube what!". My question is would the lack of grease over time allow for the leak and might lubeing it now reduce or eliminate the leak or does the whole assembly have to be taken apart and seals replaced!! Engine runs fine, last time she used in quite a bit was 4 summers ago and she had it serviced at the beginning of the season. After that it has sat in her garage, unattended. She bought it new and until this last episode had it serviced regularly! What should I try and do - tell her to take it to service or get some lube and a gun and apply the special SeaDoo lube? Appreciate any feedback.

Sponsored Links
Old 08-14-06, 03:08 PM
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED.

Posts and/or Forum Private Messages containing any type of content which provides compensation by any means and/or method through any affiliate programs, ads, advertisements, sales, referrals, solicitations, redirects, chain letters, contests, personal web sites and or pyramid schemes, etc, are all prohibited.

Please make note of our Forum Policies.

Last edited by Doug Aleshire; 08-14-06 at 08:49 PM. Reason: Redirecting to another Forum is not allowed.
Old 08-14-06, 03:29 PM
I had a couple of'95 SPX's. The motor mounts broke and the engine shifted, allowing water to enter through the driveshaft. One of them actually completely filled the engine compartment with salt water and I had to get towed back. It didn't sink though.

Check those motor mounts. Pretty inexpensive and will take about 3 hours and to replace. It is pretty straightforward to replace so you can do it yourself if it turns out to be that.

Old 08-14-06, 07:35 PM
Thanx for

your input. I appreciate both suggestions.

Old 08-16-06, 06:12 PM
Sorry Mods!

Sorry Mods...I meant no harm. Was just trying to help out the original poster.

Originally Posted by ChipJ29
THIS POST HAS BEEN EDITED.

Posts and/or Forum Private Messages containing any type of content which provides compensation by any means and/or method through any affiliate programs, ads, advertisements, sales, referrals, solicitations, redirects, chain letters, contests, personal web sites and or pyramid schemes, etc, are all prohibited.

Please make note of our Forum Policies.