Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Eagle Ultra Classic Depth Finder

10-11-06, 02:38 PM   #1  

I have a 1999 Eagle Ultra Classic depth/fish finder. All features on the unit correctly, except that the depth flashes. It will read the depth periodically, but more often than not, it is just flashing. I have replaced the transducer. I called the Lowrance Repair center and they tell me they don't repair this model any longer. I have a strong background in electronics and have scopes and meters. I took the unit apart hoping to find a loose/bad connection -no luck. Based on what I know about the way the transducer works, I suspect there is a transceiver circuit that may be bad. I need to know if anyone knows where to get a schematic for this unit.

Thanks

Sponsored Links

10-11-06, 06:59 PM   #2  
While Eagle may not repair this unit any longer... I'm sure they can provide you with what you're looking for....

10-12-06, 06:22 AM   #3  

Thanks for the reply, but Eagle (or more correctly, the Authorized Lowrance Electronics Repair center) states they do not repair these units any longer and they cannot tell me where to get a schematic. Lowrance basically said that if I send them pictures of the unit showing the serial number sticker they will send me a rebate coupon for an upgrade -which isn't a bad customer service gimmick, but I'd rather fix mine and save the money.

Search this Thread