Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

1992 Bayliner Classic

TX

08-01-07, 11:41 AM   #1  
1992 Bayliner Classic

Last night while loading my boat from the lake to the trailer, I lost all forward gear. Reverse works fine. When I try to move forwards it revs up, but nothing else. Its like its stuck in nuetral, also you can hear some light grinding. Anyone have any ideas on what this is? I don't have alot of money into this boat and would like to keep it that way, just want to have an idea of whats wrong and whether it will be worth it to fix

Sponsored Links

08-02-07, 10:04 AM   #2  
This is an I/O, right? Sounds like the control cable. There's an upper and lower control cable. Take the engine cover off and watch the cables at the bracket that is bolted to the engine while someone moves the throttle lever forward. If it doesn't move much the problem is the upper cable or adjustment at the throttle lever or the bracket. If you suspect the lower cable you can disconnect it at the bracket and move the cable in and out of the sleeve to see if will shift.

Search this Thread