Flywheel key on a Johnson 35hp outboard


Old 09-16-07, 08:46 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 11
Flywheel key on a Johnson 35hp outboard

I have been told that I need to replace the sheared flywheel key on my 1982 Johnson 35hp outboard. If I take the bolt off the top can I get to the key or is it further down? Do I need a flywheel puller like on a car engine?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-07, 07:19 PM
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Central Indiana
Posts: 102
You will have to pull flywheel to replace the key. Johnson uses a wooduff type key. You will most likey need a flywheel puller.
Old 09-27-07, 09:37 PM
Ed Imeduc's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2002
Location: Mountain Williams Missouri
Posts: 18,389

If I recall right . There are bolt holes in the flywheel for the puller to bolt too

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes