Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

60 hp Johnson outboard won't start is a 1983

NE

07-06-08, 11:06 AM   #1  
60 hp Johnson outboard won't start is a 1983

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what I can try to get my engine started. I had it running last weekend, now it won't fire up. I had too much oil in the gas so I diluted it and put cleaner in it and ran it with the ears for 15 minutes before traveling back home with it and now it won't spark. I changed the spark plugs and sprayed started fluid into the carb , One of my sparkplug wires was loose so I shoved it back together but I have 3 sparkplugs and am not getting the ignition to start it. There is gas going to the sparkplugs because you can see they are wet after I have tried to start the engine. I am on a waiting list to send it to a mechanic and wanted to know if there is something I can try myself. Appreciate any advise that might help. It is a 1983 and I don't have a manuel. Thx. Jean

Sponsored Links

NE

07-08-08, 09:12 PM   #2  
60hp jphnson 1987 not 83.

well nevermind then, by the way I got it started and ordered a manual. It is running a little rough but I guess I am on my own, Thanks anyway. Jean

Search this Thread