Mercury Propellar questions

Old 07-14-08, 07:42 PM
Mercury Propellar questions

This weekend i dinged my SS prop up pretty badly while loading the boat. I think it will be fine to run until i get a new one put on, but id like some opinions on what to get. A little about the boat

It is a 95 Procraft Dual Pro 210 with a 1995 Mercury 200 EFI 2-Stroke. I have a 25P SS prop on it now and it will run about 74 on a calm day trimmed out. I will say that it doesnt have a very good hole shot and would like to get a little bit better without sacrificing a lot of my top end speed. I have been looking around at props for the last couple days and there is just so many different kinds out there. What pitch should i possibly look at? Would a 4-blade or a 5-blade prop be better than my 3-blade?

Another unrelated question. With gas prices the way they are, i have been putting in the blended gas with 10% ethanol since it is about 10 cents cheaper. I have been told to stop using this. Does anybody have any suggestions on the Ethanol blended gas?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-27-08, 09:11 PM
What is your rpm on top end? This could help determin what pitch to run I personally don't care for 5 blade props and not sure about 4 blade. If your rpm will let you I would drop a pitch and stay with a 3 blade. This is only a personal opinion. As far as ethonal fuel I would stay away if I could. We have 10% in all our pumps and it does cause some problems you don't have with regular straight fuel. Alcohal absorbs moisture from the humidity in the air so if it sits too long you could end up with 10% water in your fuel. Also alcohal is a good cleaning agent witch sounds good but what it does is cleans deposits in your fuel tank and the deposits end up in the filter and carbs or fuel injection system. So if you can avoid it I would stay away. I wish I could.

Old 07-28-08, 07:58 AM
thanks Samauri, i think it runs just over 6000rpm at full throttle and trimmed out. I did take it out this weekend and it didnt seem much different. There was no vibration or anything to be to concerned about.

Search this Thread