Won't plane out!!!

Old 08-18-08, 07:01 PM
Won't plane out!!!

I have a 15 foot bass boat with a 60 hp mercury on it and I cannot get it to plane out on it's own even with just me in it. I have had someone sit on the bow and it will plane out and run about 35 mph. Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 08-18-08, 07:47 PM
you need to adjust the angle of the motor in relation to the transom. have you tried a whale tale trim tab?

if we're not supposed to eat animals why are they made out of meat?

Old 08-18-08, 08:09 PM
Wink

That angle of the motor to the transom first. You dont say new boat or old ??? Is the motor set as high as it should be on the transom? Right prop??? Motor tack out as it should

Old 08-19-08, 06:18 PM
Thank you Ed and speedwrench. I have not adjusted the angle of the motor, but currently it looks like almost parallel to the transom. It is a 1994 boat, I just had this motor installed, it came off a pontoon and the marina told me it had a pontoon prop on it so i purchased a new one that they said should do the job, it is 11 inches across. I have the jack plate set at about half way. Is there any set standards for where the jack plate and angle of the motor should be or is it just and error? Thank you for the info.