missing part

Old 10-08-08, 11:17 AM
missing part

I have an 1964 evinrude fastwin 18 hp. I'm rebuilding and I have lost a bearing cage for one of the connecting rods, does any one know a web site where I can buy/order older evinrude parts?
Any help would be soooo awesome !!

Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-08, 06:01 PM
I looked and BRP's website only goes back to 68. It looks like you will have to go to a dealer and they will have to look it up on the microfieshe (sp?). We are pritty buisy but if I have time I will look it up tomarrow.

Old 10-09-08, 05:09 PM
The big end bearing is no longer available from brp but I was told a company named sea way has them PN.0378151 The wrist pin bearing is available from brp PN0378251.

Good luck

Old 10-11-08, 01:23 PM
Thank You for your help Samuari, I still can't believe I'm missing this part have 3 outta the 4 and still looking for the lost one, lol, I guess it just goes this way sometimes, lol. I'll keep checking back and will keep looking too, Thanks again for helping !!!

Old 10-11-08, 02:13 PM
You're welcome, I am the king of loosing parts Too many projects going at once. I think the bearings arew cheap about $30 it might be a good idea to replace them with new ones as long as your in there.