Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

2000 Tracker Pro Deep V16

CO

04-06-09, 03:09 PM   #1  
2000 Tracker Pro Deep V16

I just bought this boat, with no owners manuals, and am confused about the three openings in the transom. One has male threads, but no cap, the second has female threads with a cap, and the third is an open grommet. Does anyone out there know what these do. I would hate to sink this on my first launch. Thanks for any help.

Sponsored Links

MN

04-06-09, 04:28 PM   #2  
I'm just guessing from what I've seen on lunds and crestliners. If the female threaded hole is in the center it's your drain plug should have a plug in it.

The male I'm guessing is actually sticking out a bit is a larger diameter and is a livewell pump and should have some sort of screen to prevent debris from entering the pump any boat shop has them.

The open gromet i'm not sure of, if it's higher up on the transome it's the drain for the splashwell.

If in dought take it to the boat ramp at an OFF PEAK time and back the trailor in and open the back up and watch or listen for running water. I stress off peak because some people get real irritated if they want to get in or out and someone is blocking the ramp. This way you can take your time and not feel rushed. You should also run up the motor at this time and make sure all is working well.

Good luck and enjoy the boating life

CO

04-06-09, 05:31 PM   #3  
Thanks Samarai

I belong to a private lake so ramp usage is not an issue. Your descriptions make sense, so I'll screw the plug in and ignore the other two. This forum, as always, is tremendous.

MN

04-06-09, 06:27 PM   #4  
A private lake in Colarado! I'll be over in just a bit.Beer 4U2

At a dealer I used to work at had no test tank so we used the ramp a lot and I could write a book about all the words I was called if I was there too long.

CO

04-07-09, 06:42 AM   #5  
Not what you might think

It is a fishing club that leases a 300 acre irrigation reservoir from the ditch company. Most agriculture here is irrigated due to only about 15" of precip annually. Therefore, the farmers actually own the water and each year we fisherman hope that fall comes before the water runs out. Sometimes it does and sometimes it doesn't. Nevertheless, it is nice when conditions are good.

Search this Thread