Carburater Cleaning

Old 04-02-09, 03:13 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Carburater Cleaning

Samuri
I read in the Evenrude OB problem thread that you have an ultrasoinic cleaner in your shop I have read a lot about how good they are suppose to clean parts
what is the cleaning solution that is used in them and do you still have to desamble them for cleaning
you are the only person that I have come in contac that has actualy used one
I just bought one on EBAY but have no knoledge of where to get small quanties of cleaning solution

thank for any inpot

Old 04-02-09, 04:33 PM
S
We use bottled water and a special soap but dish soap works as good. The carb still has to be disassembled then once the parts come out of the cleaner I dry them with compressed air, rinse with brake cleaner and blow dry a second time. This ensures no water or contaminents get back into the carb.
If your cleaner doesn't have a heater built in you'll want to heat the water before using, it makes a big differance cutting grease.

Good luck and keep us posted on what brand and how well it works, I'll look and give you a brand of cleaner.

Old 04-06-09, 07:56 AM
P
Originally Posted by samuari
We use bottled water and a special soap but dish soap works as good. The carb still has to be disassembled then once the parts come out of the cleaner I dry them with compressed air, rinse with brake cleaner and blow dry a second time. This ensures no water or contaminents get back into the carb.
If your cleaner doesn't have a heater built in you'll want to heat the water before using, it makes a big differance cutting grease.

Good luck and keep us posted on what brand and how well it works, I'll look and give you a brand of cleaner.
It is a VWR Scientific Prouducts Model 50T Aqusonic it has not arrived yet but when it does I will test it right away and keep you posted on the results

Old 04-15-09, 05:20 AM
S
We use distilled water and omega clean. I just saw it yesterday. Did you get yours yet?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: