Teleflex Steering

Old 04-11-09, 06:05 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Teleflex Steering

I've got an old 15' run-about with a 50hp merc outboard(76ish serial#7174779). It has the old clothes line type steering. I want to replace the steering system with teleflex. Ive been told they offer a kit that includes everything including a new steering wheel, but I cant find a part number on their web site. I figure I need a 12' cable. I come up with kit #SS14112 but it doesnt include steering wheel. I guess what I want to know is this the right system for my boat and does a kit including steering wheel exist? Also I was told I will need an oem adapter for the motor. Is this accurate. I've spoke to a couple dealers but they don't stock anything and quite honestly they didn't seem to know any more than me about it. Also does anyone know any place in the Toronto Ontario area that may stock it. I'd hate to order it and find out its wrong. TIA Mike

Old 04-12-09, 08:12 PM
S
You will need the arm that attatches to the steering post on the front of the motor to the teleflex cable. It is a mercury part but I don't see it listed to give you a part #. I think your best bet would be a outboard salvage yard they might have one in stock.
As far as a complete kit with a steering wheel, I haven't used one. If your wheel is a 3/4" tapered shaft with a keyway cut into it, it will work with the new helm.
I hope this helps

I think I found the part # but it's no longer available.

Old 04-20-09, 03:59 PM
V
Thanks for the reply. I'm still looking. Fond a place that can order everything for me. Still waiting on price and delivery. Thanks again for helping out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: