Evinrude Fisherman 6HP Year???

Old 04-20-09, 02:33 PM
Evinrude Fisherman 6HP Year???

Hi again!
Last time I wrote something on the forum was about my snowblower, but now It's about an Evinrude Fisherman 6HP outboard motor manufactured in Bruges Belgium.

The engine have serial number 6502M and I can also read B2135, now I wonder If some one could help me to identify my motor, Year and "everything" otherwise that will be interesting to know about the engine.

Regards Michael

Sponsored Links
Old 04-23-09, 09:28 PM
I'll look at work but those #'s don't ring a bell.

Old 04-24-09, 07:53 PM
Hi!
Thank you "samuari" for taking time to help me figure out what year my Evinrude are from.

I called my local outboard seller and he could help me, he told me that the engine is manufactured in Belgium 1965, the first digits in the number tells that (6502M, but the M? Well, for me It dosen't matter, now I know the year and I was able to order an new impeller and other things.

The "low speed mixture knob" was something that my local dealer not was able to help me to find, I've look at ebay with no luck, but I could use an plier to adjust the lower speed mixture, that will be OK. But I don't know the "default value" or should I say- where to set the "needle". I could screw the needle until it's bottom, then I could screw the needle outwards until It will be totaly "detached". I wonder If it's some default mode, and from there I could adjust the needle for best results.
I can certainly go for the trial and error method, but any help to determin the "right way" would be nice to know.
Regards Vagkung
Airborne 101:st

Old 04-24-09, 09:40 PM
The way I set the mixture screw is to start 2 tuns out. Once started and wormed up in the water turn it out counting the turns listining to the rpm's a tachometer is the best way but listen to the idle speed. keep going out untill the highest idle speed is achieved reset the idle speed once this is set. If it reaches the point of being too far out the rpm will start to drop turn it back in 1 full turn from there.

I'm glad you found the year I didn't have time at work it's the begining of boating season for us so it's very buisy.