Bayliner windshield

Old 06-10-09, 03:41 PM
Bayliner windshield

I have a '86 bayliner contessa 28. I want to remove the aluminum windshield and frame because of some slight corosian{after 23 years}, and get it powder coated. The question is I can see some screws here and there and I can see that it has been stuck down with double sided tape, has anyone had any expieriance with this problem. Yeah the boat is old but it looks good and it gets good milage and I dont see a new one in my future. Thanks in advance. sidny

Sponsored Links
Old 06-10-09, 08:03 PM
I can't say i've ever delt with a bayliner of that size but the windshields on the boats that i have delt with have a rubber strip at the bottom that comes out and there are screws under it.

86 isn't old my bass boat is a 81 and my small drag boat is a 77 they are just aged

Old 06-11-09, 04:14 AM
Aside from the potential damage it can cause on other parts of the boat (not to mention skin), a dilute solution of muriatic acid might bring back the shine. It's available at any pool supply store. Too strong and it will start to remove the anodizing. Since you're planning to paint it anyway, why not test it?

Put a plastic tarp over everything to protect from drips & splashes. Tape off all the glass. Wear hand & eye protection. It won't hurt fiberglass, but it may etch the glass.

I used it on the aluminum bow of the bimini top of my '83 Larson and it cleaned up pretty well.

Old 06-15-09, 03:39 PM
thanx

thankyou all for your timely replys and advise. I will let you
know the results of my efferts in the fall, thanks again. sid

Search this Thread