Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

fishfinder / gps

06-20-09, 06:19 AM   #1  
fishfinder / gps

sold my other boat & got a used one which only has a small garmin fish finder. i really miss the gps & lake maps. anyone know the best bang for the buck to replace the garmin with a single unit (bigger screen) or add on with gps & mapping (either stored or accepts chips). new or used is ok. i liked the split screen capability on the lowrance unit (with michigan chip) that i had, but often thought that seperate screens (units) might be better. fishing primarily great lakes & michigan inland waters. any thoughts or opinions will be appreciated. thanks, dan g.

Sponsored Links

MN

06-20-09, 08:56 AM   #2  
There are some good prices on the lowrance 520-522 and all last years graphs since they came out with the hds units. I would wait a bit if you're looking at a hds, they are nice and the graphics are amazing but they have a few bugs yet, we got a new update but haven't herd any feedback yet.

I haven't used or installed a garman unit, I personally am not a fan of humminbird gps, I don't like the view.

Search this Thread