Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

For boats that can't get on plane

IA

06-20-09, 10:18 AM   #1  
For boats that can't get on plane

I'm posting a message because i found a lot of people with similar problems i had, but didn't have end results posted.

Problem was i bought my first bass boat, its ran great when testing it on the water. This week i took it out fishing for real and it ran like crap. Couldn't get it up on plane, wouldn't go past 3000 rpm, died a lot when shifting.

I was on vacation for a week and the boat was kind of important. Talked to several people, the general thought was it was either bad fuel, anti-siphon valve or high speed jet plug in the carb. Even the professionals were wrong. It was all about weight.

In the back 1/3 of the boat i had the outboard, 15 gallons of fuel, 3 batteries and two 5 gallon live wells full. in the middle third i had 2-3 adults depending who was going out. I could take my passengers and move them up front and the boat would plane out.

End result, empty the live wells and move my trolling motor batteries to the front 1/3. Now my boat runs like a wrist watch. Hope this helps others .

Sponsored Links

MN

06-20-09, 08:13 PM   #2  
Good call, I'm shure that will help some people thanks.

Search this Thread