spray on bedliner on boat

Old 07-02-09, 11:59 PM
Smile spray on bedliner on boat

Anybody tried spray on bedliner on boat to protect from rust and chemical corrosion.I have applied spray on bedlier recently.What you say?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-09, 04:22 AM
Welcome to the forums.

I wouldn't consider using it on the hull but see no reason why you couldn't use it on the deck.

Old 07-03-09, 08:15 PM
A lot of folks in the mountain west are putting it on drift boats for fishing rivers. Keeps them from getting dinged up from hitting rocks. I wouldn't recommend it for any hull you want to plane.
Mike

Old 07-04-09, 03:40 AM
spray on bedliner

I would not put it on the outside, below the warter line, inside would be fine.

Old 07-14-09, 03:54 AM
Smile spray on bedliner

I sprayed qwikliner spray on my boat.It prevents boat from chemical corrosion,rust,scratches.My boat looks like newone.

Old 07-28-09, 05:01 PM
I have a bayliner with tired carpet and I am planning to go the same route, pull it up and have a thick blue liner sprayed on the floor...
My buddy had his truck done and he hauls gravel, rocks, really beats that bed, and it's held up well for a couple years now.
Probably the hardest part is you'll have to remove or mask off whatever you don't want covered very well, overspray is not coming off.

Old 08-11-09, 01:29 PM
I have talked to a couple guys that did this to thier boats. They were not happy with how HOT the deck got. Feel the back of a pickup and feel how hot the deck gets compared to carpet in the sun.

Old 08-11-09, 01:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well of course..if you do black...there are plenty of other colors. And you can always put carpet or mats on top.

Old 09-07-09, 01:33 PM
Be sure you do not EVER want to get it off. I am restoring an ElCamino that had one sprayed in it, i was successful in removing it, with a die grinder and rust stripping wheel, would not want to try to remove that stuff from fiberglass!!

Old 09-07-09, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator
Thats why the good ones have a "no peel" warranty. Gotta tell ya..when I saw the guy going at the bed of my brand new $24K Dodge truck with a wire wheel on a grinder..it kinda made me worry...

They did that and then wiped everything with something (paint thinner? acetone?) and did the spray after masking.

8 years of no issues at all...at least with the bedliner...

This was Line-X..I just like it better than the Rhino.

Old 09-18-09, 10:31 PM
liner spray

What I see with liners is tool boxes slide all over the back...does the spray do the same?

Old 09-19-09, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
hvac...some liners do let things slide, yes. But no more than bare metal or the drop in liners..maybe a little less. Rhino is actually much less likely to let things slide around from what I've seen.