No power Mercury fifty classic

Old 08-23-09, 03:15 PM
No power Mercury fifty classic

I was given the stator by the owner the first one that he gave me was not the right one it was for a 3 cylinder and his motor is a mercury classis 50 he returned it to the dealer and recived one NO 398-832075A14 installed it on the motor turned the ignition key engine and it fired up right a way owner took out the boat for a run said it did not have full power.
On rexemaning the enging I detected a leak on the intake manifold gasket I installa new gasket
I tried to ckeck the timing,I tryed 2 different timing lights none of theme worked
I tryed my timing light on my boat it worked alright
the owner tryed his boat again and telles me there is still no power at high speed
it is a fifty clasic OA736979
Any help or suggestions would be appericated

Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-09, 07:09 PM
look at the basics spark fuel and compression.

You can get some neat inline spark testers cheap from a auto parts store that way you can run the engine and see the spark.
I use a regular automotive timing lite and it works fine, I wonder if your spark is weak.

Old 08-26-09, 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by samuari View Post
look at the basics spark fuel and compression.

You can get some neat inline spark testers cheap from a auto parts store that way you can run the engine and see the spark.
I use a regular automotive timing lite and it works fine, I wonder if your spark is weak.
Thanks Samuari
I will Take the compresion tomorrow also install my spark tester to check the spark while the engine is running will keep you posted

Petrie