Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

What value is it ?????

SD

07-05-00, 05:40 PM   #1  
Through a building transaction, I have found myself to be the owner of a 1966 (I think)
Larson Canteskuya, with a 90HP Johnson
Model V4ML-1OS. It has not been used in 4 years, but owner said it ran when they shut it off. Said lubricant was put into the motor and fuel lines to keep from freezing up. I was wondering if you could give me a rough value of boat and motor. This is one area I am not familar with. Thanks alot.
Jack the contractor

Sponsored Links

07-05-00, 08:42 PM   #2  
What a great old motor!
is it electric or manual shift?
if it was here in Californiam it would probably bring, in good hull condition, 1800 to 2000$ with the trailer.
possibly more if its really clean.
good gelcoat/ compressions.
hope thats what you wanted to hear. : )

SD

07-06-00, 04:08 AM   #3  
It is an electric shift. Also the boat is in good shape, but is oxidized. What is the best to remove the oxidation. Will probably have a few more questions also as time goes on. Thanks. Yes, you gave me the answer I had hoped for. Oh by the way, the trailer is a tandem axle, with the back half of the trailer a tilt. This may add a little also ?

07-07-00, 10:35 PM   #4  
Good for you!
The gelcoat should clean up nicely with a little polishing compound and elbow grease.
If its oxidized very deep it may need a machine finish.
Metal Flake?

Search this Thread