Cooling problum on 9.9Johnson

Old 06-18-10, 05:02 PM
Cooling problum on 9.9Johnson

9.9 Johnson Model 10R75C

When I started the motor with the ear muffs there was no water coming out of the exhaust hole but water was coming out around the shifter shaft at the spot that the shaft can be seen where it enters the foot
When I removed the foot the gromet where the water tube is attached to the pump was doubled over I replaced the gromet checked the pump impeller reinstalled the foot still had the same problum.
removed the thermostat started the motor the water still coming out of the same spot

any comments would be greatfully appericated
Petrie

Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-10, 09:15 PM
Does water come out of the thermostat housing? Water coming out of there isn't uncommon on some models. Do you get any water out of the prop? It's common to see the tel tale get plugged from insects so check that, blow compressed air through it.

If that is clear it sounds like you will need to pull the lower again. Once it's off put the hose directly to the water tube and water should come out the tel tale.

Old 06-20-10, 04:06 PM
I Did what you said to do removed the foot put hose directly to tube water comes out the exhaust port and down through the exhaust tube Iiput the hoseinto the exhaust port where the water is suppose to come out of and I am getting a full supply of water out of the supply pipe
I changed the seal on the pump housing and will reistall the foot in the morning I will let you know of the out come

Petrie

Old 06-21-10, 08:36 PM
I would look at the pump housing. If it can suck any air it will not pump.

Old 07-04-10, 01:00 PM
9.9 water prublum

sorry I didnt get back sooner
I ended up puting on the cooling jacket then using a hose with city water pressur on the copper pump line forcing water out of the pee hole then I reversed the hose through the pee hole water came out of the tube all of a sudden with geart force I reinstalled the foot and the water pump and moter ran fine

Thanks for all your input
PetrieBeer 4U2