16' deep V rear seat position, where is yours located?

Old 09-23-10, 05:00 PM
16' deep V rear seat position, where is yours located?

I removed my rear seat months ago when I replaced the floor and carpet, I remember that the seat was on the plywood seam 4' from the transom, what I don't remember was how far offset to the port side it was mounted. I don't have a rear fishing deck so this is a floor mount. This is a permanent mount so I want to get it correct. I don't want it in the way and I don't want to bang into the side with my knees while maintaining balance of the weight.

Would someone mind measuring the seat location in their 16 footer? I need to know max floor width where its mounted, offset measurement to the port side, and how far from the transom.

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Old 09-23-10, 05:30 PM
If it's on a swivel most are as close to the side as possible but not to close so it can't turn.

Old 09-23-10, 05:45 PM
Yes, it is a swivel. When you say as close as possible, is that to say swivel 360 degrees without hitting your knees on the side?

Old 09-29-10, 05:08 PM
I have been looking at floorplans and I have been seeing the rear seat mounted in line with the front left pedestal. I know that the front to back was right at 4' from the transom, I'm thinking of rethinking that and going 1/2 way between the drivers seat and the splashwell. That moves it further forward that original but might look a little better........ just an idea bouncing around in my head.