Any tips on cleaning an Aquaknot cover?

Old 09-29-10, 04:58 PM
Any tips on cleaning an Aquaknot cover?

The mfg says "use no ArmorAll, use mild soap flakes, hose off".

I have a light gray cover and it is less than a year old, its looking a little dingy already. I tried car wash soap and it did nothing, any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 09-29-10, 08:22 PM
I think there is a cover cleaner made for them. I am a big fan of caster super clean in the purple bottle. I use it for everything including my laundry.

Old 09-30-10, 04:54 AM
I had some of that Castor cleaner but I think I used it up.... good stuff but hard on the hands...LOL. I'll look and see if I can find some cleaner then, maybe I should call the cover shop.

Old 10-03-10, 07:21 AM
I found some purple Castrol cleaner in my garage, just enough to try it on a spot. There was dirt on the rag after the wiping but the cover didn't look much better. I can see dirty water spots and what looks like ground in dirt. Whatever is on it got on it from the air, I have never even rolled up the cover and jammed it in the back of the truck yet.

Old 10-03-10, 05:52 PM
Take it to a laundromat and stuff it in their biggest commercial-series washer. Basic laundry detergent works wonders. Seriously. We wash our bimini tops every year before we store them.

Don't use the dryer, though. The heat will shrink it.

Old 10-03-10, 05:56 PM
I'd be a little afraid of that, my cover is made of Aquaknot. Aquaknot is a coated vinyl material, basically a flexible plastic. I don't think that it would do well in a washing machine.

Search this Thread