Need help with OLD, OLD lubrimatic grease gun so I can lube my boat

Old 03-22-11, 09:04 PM
Need help with OLD, OLD lubrimatic grease gun so I can lube my boat

I bought a 3 pack of 3oz tubes of Quicksilver 2-4-c grease for my boat. I've got a super old grease gun that I'm wanting to put the tubes in. It takes the tubes because I removed the old 3 oz tube from the gun. However, on the old lubrimatic grease gun there isn't a handle on the bottom of the gun to pull down in order to load the tube. Now, I know someone on here knows how to work these things. Is there someway I can lock the plunger down until I put in the tube, remove the foil and replace the top? I've read that there is a mechanism like this but it doesn't explain how it works. Please help me out on this one if you are familiar with the old, old mini lubrimatic grease guns. Thanks, Greg

Sponsored Links
Old 03-24-11, 07:26 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
I know you don't want to break the bank, but I just saw a new mini lubrimatic on a web site for $13.00. It takes the 3oz cartridges. To try to fabricate a new handle seems like a waste at that price.

Old 03-24-11, 07:57 PM
It's really not a matter of breaking the bank, lol! I just know this thing isn't that hard to use. My mechanic helped me replace a tube of grease a couple of years ago in this same gun so I know it works. I guess I can make a trip to see him tomorrow.

I'm going to have to buy a large grease gun too since my spline grease came in a 14 oz tube.

Search this Thread