4.5 hp boat motor

Old 05-24-11, 11:13 AM
4.5 hp boat motor

Hello guys and gals, i am new to the forum. I have a boat motor that was given to me and i am trying to find a manual for it if possible. It is made by the eska company and the year is 1974A serial number 57-008800, it seems to crank with no problems with compression. I think it just needs a full service and tuneup etc.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-11, 06:22 PM
Well, i have cleaned the motor and noticed that the gastank is fairly gumed up inside. What would be the best cleaner to put into the gastank to do a real good cleaning inside, also i am assuming that i need to take off the carb and clean it out. Motor has been sitting for a long time so maybe i should find a carbkit and rebuild it fresh and new. Any suggestions would be great thanks

Old 05-25-11, 03:30 AM
Welcome to the forums.

Pull the carb, take it apart, and soak it in a bucket of Gumout. You should also remove the fitting from the tank and soak it. It think I'd replace the lines. Use the waste Gumout to dissolve the gunk in the tank.

Old 05-25-11, 08:25 AM
Thanks Rick, i am in the process of taking it apart. I will try and find where to get a bunch of gumout to clean the parts, should be able to get some at a auto parts store.

Search this Thread