Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

beeping coming from my throttle box?

PA

05-31-11, 12:33 PM   #1  
beeping coming from my throttle box?

i have a 1990 tidecraft with a mercury blackmax (92) outboard...about 5 minutes into gettin on plane a beeping comes from my gear box (where i throttle it) by the steering wheel. It beeps at first and becomes a solid beep after about 10 mins of riding. It also stops after a minute or 2 of just trolling...can you help with this?

Sponsored Links

NY

06-01-11, 04:07 AM   #2  
The beep is an indication of overheating and/or low oil pressure.

PA

06-02-11, 12:52 AM   #3  
Is there an adjustment that a non-mechanic can make a sound call on? The only control on that throttle box is 1.) a friction/non-friction dial at the front of the box.... 2.) my idle control seems to be the oil control. Meaning when i rev the engine with this lever on that throttle box...that adjusts my oil mix. I hav not found any other oil control valve to monitor or change low oil pressure...any input?

NY

06-02-11, 04:06 AM   #4  
When was the last time the water pump impeller was changed? If it's running cool at idle and heating up at faster RPMs it can mean that the cooling system isn't getting enough water. This is usually due to a worn impeller (or a blockage in the cooling system).

Search this Thread