may add additional bunks to my trailer, what works?

Old 06-16-11, 03:36 PM
may add additional bunks to my trailer, what works?

I have a TeeNee trailer for my 16' Sylvan, only center large rollers and 2 bunks. The previous owner warned me, and he was right, it is a real pain loading this boat. If it's windy, forget about it!

I originally thought a side roller set from Cabellas, one of those upright rollers that mounts out towards the back of the trailer. I have since been advised that wooden side bunks would work better and did a better job of guiding the boat. I have also seen plastic side bunks but the reviews sound less that promising.

What is your experience?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-16-11, 04:49 PM
Group Moderator
We had a 16' Sylvan boat when I was growing up and our trailer had all rollers, no bunks. Put the trailer in the water so the back rollers were slightly in the water and drive the boat up all but the last 12". I can't remember for sure but it was similar to this: LOADRITE 4-Wheel Wobble Roller Assembly #6071.07

Old 06-16-11, 05:25 PM
I don't doubt that its an acquired skill, the last owner told me basically what you just said. I'm just trying to relieve some of the pain and get to a point that I can do this by myself.

Can I remove the wooden bunks and install a roller kit I guess? My thought was that leaving the wooden bunks and addind the side bunks that 4 points of contact should line me right up.

Old 06-16-11, 06:39 PM
Group Moderator
Side rollers/bunks would likely aid you in the wind.