Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Wiring 07 Lund Pro Sport

CANADA

06-22-11, 08:39 AM   #1  
Wiring 07 Lund Pro Sport

Just wondering if any one here knows where the speaker wires run in a 07 Lund Pro Sport?
I see them under the dash but canít find where they run too, I have checked all of the nook and crannies I can think of.
Certainly appreciate any insight!

Sponsored Links

NY

06-23-11, 03:02 AM   #2  
They typically run up inside the gunwales, but if it's not a factory install they could run anywhere. If you're having trouble, just abandon the old and run new.

You can also splice them without consequence if you want to add an amp.

CANADA

06-23-11, 10:55 AM   #3  
Thanks Rick,

I have looked in the gunwales but didn't see them there, it's more just not knowing where they go that bugs me, thought it would be fairly simple to find!
Might have to get out the sawzall soon

NY

06-23-11, 01:17 PM   #4  
Seems to me that they would have to run where there are hatches (screwed-down or other) or access within an arm's reach. My 23' Larson had wiring run in the seam of the headliner. The Four Winns 20-foot cuddy had some wires tucked between the teak trim and the carpet. (Both runs failed, which is how I came to know those tidbits of info.)

Pull the speakers. You should be able to at least see which direction the wires are heading.

CANADA

06-23-11, 08:53 PM   #5  
I will have a real hard look again this weekend; I must be missing something obvious.
The boat doesn't have speakers (yet) so can't pull them to look. I was hoping to put a system in soon so that is why I am asking, but worst case I will just start from scratch.

If I donít find where they run I know it will keep bugging me until I figure it out, I tend to get a little anal about these things!

Search this Thread