water pump impeller change out 115 hp Merc

Old 05-08-12, 07:56 PM
Question water pump impeller change out 115 hp Merc

Hey just wondering if any one can tell me if changing the water pump impeller on a 2007 115hp 4 stroke outboard Merc is a DIY job. My local dealer has a two week wait right now and I was hoping to use the boat this weekend.

Ran the motor for about 30-45 seconds (a few times) and I have absolutely nothing coming out of the “telltale”.

Is there any special sealants or lube that I need to buy to do this? Anything to watch out for that could bite me in the butt?
Anyone know where to find an online or downloadable service manual for this motor?

Appreciate any help at all.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-12, 11:29 AM
Well I jumped in with both feet and changed the impeller, now I can't get the bottom end to line back up.
I can get the large splined shaft into the engine but I can't seem to get the bottom end to go up the last little bit. I think it is the small spline for the for/rev/neutral shifting that is hanging up, but no matter what I do I can't seem to get it to go??
If any knows what I', doing wrong please let me know.

Old 05-09-12, 04:38 PM
Well I got it done. I kept on trying with the piece of string to hold the shift rod up and after several tries it slipped in.
I haven't tested everything yet but am glad the bottom end is on!