Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Grease Gun that Works????

CO

07-10-12, 10:00 AM   #1  
Grease Gun that Works????

I have a cartridge style gun that I bought from NAPA and it drives me nuts. It continually air locks and does not have a bleeder valve. I can mess with it for a few minutes and it may work for a few pumps, but then quits. Does anyone make a gun that is foolproof? I paid good money for this one and don't want to waste my money again.

Sponsored Links
Group Moderator

WI

07-10-12, 10:04 AM   #2  
I don't own one but a buddy of mine bought one from Snap-On a few years ago and he's been pleased with it. I'm sure it costs a lot more than one from NAPA....

CO

07-10-12, 12:53 PM   #3  
Thanks Mitch

I'll look on the net and see if I need a 2nd mortgage. Usually with Snapon you just lift your skirt and let them take what they want, but it is quality stuff.

NY

07-12-12, 05:28 AM   #4  
I have the Quicksilver gun designed for the 2-4-C lube tubes. It's bullet proof. Not cheap, but worth every penny because it works.

Group Moderator

NC

07-12-12, 05:53 AM   #5  
Recently I too was looking for a quality grease gun. The Snap-on tool truck stopped coming to my town a couple years ago so I bought this gun at my local Auto Zone. I picked it mainly because it was the most expensive one they had in the store and luckily it has worked well. It has a bleeder valve and can be bulk filled or use cartridges. The only issue I've had with it is the tip is very aggressive and is sometimes almost impossible to get off the zerk.

CO

07-13-12, 07:07 AM   #6  
I looked at Snap On couple days ago and it seemed like the descriptions were not very complete. I may try the Auto Zone, although the nearest store is over 15 miles away. Thanks guys.

Group Moderator

NC

07-13-12, 08:31 AM   #7  
I looked at the Snap-On website before I bought the grease gun from Autozone. They had two models that I was interested in. One was twice the price of the other, the pictures looked the same, they had the same description, they were not Snap-On brand and they said they were made in China. So, I figured if it's not Snap-On I'd just grab one locally.

As far as getting the gun from Autozone you may be able to find it elsewhere. I assume mine is from China so it may be available from other retailers, possibly under different brand names.

Search this Thread