Tahoe 195s deck boat

Old 01-28-13, 11:42 AM
Tahoe 195s deck boat

Hello,

I have a one year old 195s Tahoe deck boat. I do not run it very often and my friend suggested running the gas out of the engine carb to preserve the carb cleaniness.

My questions are:

1.) Should I do this?
2.) If so, how?

Thanks,

JB

Sponsored Links
Old 01-29-13, 06:21 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Nice boat. I believe that you have a Mercruiser engine. They should have information in the engine manual. What is important is to not let gas sit in the carb for extended periods, or to use a gas stabilizer such as stabil or seafoam. These prevent the formation of lacquer which can plug up the jets and passages in the carb. I prefer to keep fuel, with a stabilizer in the system over winter. That keeps gaskets etc from drying out and protects the inner workings of the carb

Old 01-30-13, 03:51 AM
It's a good idea to run the gas dry. The easiest way is to siphon the gas out of the tank and run on what's left in the lines until the engine stalls. Use the siphoned gas in the car. (That way it won't go bad.)

Much easier if use one tank of gas once a year: Use only non-ethanol gas and add the recommended amount of stabil to every tank. Ethanol gas can start to break down after only 90 days.

Search this Thread