Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Grease for Trailer Connectors???

CO

06-22-16, 11:51 AM   #1  
Grease for Trailer Connectors???

My trailer/truck has a flat 4 connector and I am having trouble with corrosion and hence bad electrical connections. Is there any grease that I could coat the prongs with to inhibit this?

Sponsored Links

OH

06-22-16, 12:24 PM   #2  
I've used this on mine and it does help: https://www.amazon.com/Permatex-2205.../dp/B000AL8VD2

There are lots of nice watertight 7 pin round connectors available, but in 4 pin the best I've seen are ones that have a cap to seal out water when not in use.....

CO

06-22-16, 04:10 PM   #3  
Thanks Carbide

I'll try some of that. I think my truck connector had a cap, but it is gone. The connector on the truck is hard wired into the Toyota magic black box, so I hate to splice in a new one. Splices are trouble too.

Group Moderator

NC

06-23-16, 04:55 AM   #4  
One problem with using a grease especially if you don't have a good cover is that the grease will hold dirt. It's relatively easy to wipe off of the pins but grease and dirt down in the sockets can be a real pain to deal with.

Search this Thread