Boat troubles: 93 Regal

Old 07-10-20, 09:10 AM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Boat troubles: 93 Regal

93 regal inboard 23 foot cabin cruiser. Boat runs great all speeds. New batteries. 30 min later while in motion the boat feels as if I hit bottom, sounds as if the engine floods, shuts down and does not turn over for a day. Then starts as if nothing happened. 30 minutes later it repeats itself. Sometimes it does that, and does not shut down but kicks back up slowly. Eventually it will shut down. I opened the carborator on dry land and the two fuel injection spits out some gas whilst running. I am using good boat gas please help.

Last edited by Joe Moe; 07-10-20 at 09:34 AM.
Old 07-10-20, 04:00 PM
B
Received 293 Upvotes on 260 Posts
If the motor doesn't turn over for a day, I would start by looking for an electrical problem.If the stalling problem exists after the starting problem is fixed, I would check the fuel pump.

Last edited by beelzebob; 07-10-20 at 04:04 PM. Reason: not finished
Old 07-10-20, 08:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

sounds as if the engine floods, shuts down and does not turn over for a day.
That needs clarification. You need to be very detailed.

Does not turn over.....
you turn the key and nothing happens ?
you turn the key, it cranks but won't start

You pumped the throttle and saw gas. That says the accelerator pump circuit is working and that technically you do have gas in the carb.

Old 07-11-20, 04:11 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
Your asking a lot especially since you never told us what engine you have. You mentioned a carburetor so I assume it's a gas engine.

How old is the fuel? Not when was the last time you added gas but how old is the rest of the fuel in the tank? Have you checked for water in the fuel?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: