Floor repair

Old 05-01-21, 07:05 PM
H
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Floor repair

What I am guessing is a floor support and not apart of the hull structure because its no bigger than a 1x1 is broken and no longer supporting the floor up in the bow. It appears as if it broke under a heavy foot maybe (thats what I hope anyway) Is this something I can easily fix myself but wedging a 1x1 in there and laying some fiberglass over it and the rest of the hull? What is the suggested fix for this? Thank you.

Old 05-02-21, 04:24 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 913 Votes on 840 Posts
It looks like the plywood flooring is broken and bad so I think you'll need to do more than simply shove a bock underneath to support it. I would work from above and remove the flooring. How difficult will depend on what's above like seats that will also need to be removed or worked around.

Whether or not you can fix this yourself totally depends on you. It's not rocket science but it is dusty, dirty, stinky work. Many, many, many magazine articles, websites, blogs & vlogs have been created that show how to do normal boat repair tasks like replacing rotten plywood flooring. You can watch/read some and see if it's the kind of work you want to get into.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: