Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

ESKA outboard

Visiting Guest

07-10-01, 07:48 AM   #1  
jrodcat
I found an old outboard in one of my relatives shed, It is a Golden Jet 700 and it is made by a company called ESKA. I have the serial number and model number. It is Model 1157 and Serial Number 23930. Does anyone out there know anything about these motors. Believe it or not, I pulled the cord and the darn thing started up just fine. When it was put away, it was covered up really well and the fuel tank removed. I used a fresh mix of 50:1 but I'm not sure if it is the right mix. I only ran it for a few seconds, don't even see a squirt hole for the water? Any help would sure be appreciated...

Sponsored Links
Forum Topic Moderator

GA

07-13-01, 08:10 PM   #2  
Hello there! It sounds like you've got yourself a good motor. As far as I know, your motor was also sold by Sears under the Gamefisher name. Maybe you can find some info from them. Also, if i'm not mistaken, that motor is air cooled, no water pump, hence...no indicator hole. One easy way to make sure is to look at the cylinder. If it is surrounded by cooling fins, it should be air cooled. Thats about all I can tell you. I hope it helps! chuck

Search this Thread