boat books?

Old 04-06-02, 07:17 PM
john9243
Visiting Guest
boat books?

Hi All
Never posted to this forum until now, that is my dear brother has
finally obtained his bass boat that he's been dreaming about for many years. I am actually very happy for him... he got a 19ft Ranger 1997 that was a repo. I have seen the boat and its in very good condition. He has spent many hours cleaning it up. It came with a 200hp Mercury EFI, which is very clean inside.

My question, is there a book that I can get him that has doit yourself fixes for boats.. ie how to repair fiberglass, engine maintenance etc...
thanks
John

Sponsored Links
Old 04-07-02, 05:18 AM
Admin Emeritus
Hello: John and Welcome to the boating forum.

One of the best places to obtain these types of generic speciallty books and manuals, in my opinion, is a large retail marine supply store. Depending upon your location, there will be several listed in any phone directory.

Boating magazines, available at grocery and drug stores magazine racks, contain a vast selection of ads for books and information on boating service and maintenance topics. A subsription to one or more will provide some information.

Shopping for specialty books can also be done online and quite possibly generic boat service and maintenance books can be located within the do-it-yourself web sites own online shopping service.

Also check the boat and engine manufacturers online web site.
Check all these locations. And check back on your posting several times. I am sure the resident moderator, BoatMech and other forum readers will have additional information and suggestions.

Safe Boating & Successful Fishing
A Forums Host & Moderator
Tom_B....TCB4U2B2B.....Company Enterprises.

Old 04-08-02, 04:53 PM
I would try the local library as well. Mr B is right though
there is a lot of good info "on-line".
i even found a complete mercruiser manual.
Amazing.
we stand by... to help.
Scott