Deep Cycle Battery????

Old 06-07-02, 08:05 PM
Red face Deep Cycle Battery????

Hi,
Iam looking for advise for a brand of deep cycle battery group 24,
wich I need to replace in my travel trailer.I know boaters use them often,and should know what's good.....
I only need it for basic use,but want one that will stand up to the job.Also any info on Float type chargers,or whats best to keep it up in the off season?thanks, Charlie

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-02, 05:23 AM
Admin Emeritus
In My Professional Opinion

Hello: Charlie

Choosing a battery brand, like choosing between any other product brand, is subjective to the individuals personal choice.

Oil is one perfect example. Some prefer one brand better than another brand. No two in any group of people will agree on any specific brand. We all think our brand is better.

Therefore, choose the brand that best suites your intended purpose and maintain the battery correctly. Doing so, it will serve you well. Battery maintainance is the most important key factor.

Battery chargers also fit in this same category of choices. The real exception is to match a charger to the battery. Price does matter when it comes to chargers. In my opinion, disregard price and select a matched charger with as many automatic features as possible.

The best source for both products, on the average and in my opinion again, is any RV and or boat dealer you already may be doing business with. Any additional costs for these two products that may be more costly than generic stores costs, is worth the price.

Consider any additional costs paid at the dealers local retail stores as paying for the expert knowledge that cannot be gained elsewhere. A price worth paying for when a buyer needs to learn about the intended purchase of a product.

Regards,
Forum Host & A Moderator
Tom_B