Welcome to the DoItYourself Forums!

To post questions, help other DIYers and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our DIY community. It's free!

Moving a canoe

Visiting Guest

07-13-02, 06:58 PM   #1  
jmdcn
Moving a canoe

I have seen several strap-on wheel based systems to move canoes. I would like to know if there are any plans out there that I can use to build my own...

Let me know. Jim

Sponsored Links
Admin, Forums Host & Manager

CAL

07-20-02, 05:52 AM   #2  
Hello Jim. Welcome to our Boats, Pwc's & Navaigations forum and our Do-It-Yourself Web Site.

If plans do not exist and there aren't any wheel devices currently on the market, then the opportunity to design and patent one exists.

Draw up several designs and include a universal design among the varities. Seach your local area for a local patent attorney and submit the plans.

The patent attorney will do a patent search and determine if there is any current patent for the devices. If there aren't any, submit yours to the USA patent office.

Follow the advice of your personally selected patent attorney to the letter. They know best how to obtain a patent.

Personal Advice & Suggestions:

Plan to spend a considerable sum of $$$$ up front.

Avoid commerically advertized GENERIC all purpose "patent your ideas & plans" companies.

Select localized patent attorneys only!

Visit our "FreeAdvice" legal web site for additional information.
Locate the "Patent" forum topic and ask your legal questions there.

When you devise a product for such, prototype or finalized, I'll most likely be willing to test & evaluate it and or buy one...

Regards and Good Luck.
Web Site Admin, Moderator Hiring Agent, Host and Forums Manager. Energy Conservation Consultant & Natural Gas Appliance Diagnostics and Repair Technician. Fast, Fair, Friendly and Highly Proficient...

Don't Take Freedom For Granted. Thank A Veteran. Need an Employee? Hire a Veteran

Not only is a mind a terrible thing to waste, it's like a parachute.

It doesn't function until it's OPEN.........

Elvis. "The Sun Never Sets On A Legend."

Gun safety is using BOTH hands!

Driving Safety Reminder:
Buckle Up & Drive Safely.
"The Life You Save, May Be Your Own."

Search this Thread