Bike shed

Old 02-04-14, 04:32 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bike shed

Wow, this forum seems like a perfect place for me to ask what I've been musing about these last few days. It combines bikers AND DIY point of view

Anyway, I was thinking about getting a new shelter for my Honda GL 1500, and I'm in a dilemma regarding what kind of shed to get. At first I thought it natural to build a solid one, but then I found this while browsing the web for a solution
ShelterLogic 6x6x6.5 E-Series Motorcycle Shed Review | Motorcycle sheds

Now, I would like to ask both worlds - builders, as well as bikers, what would you chose? Do you have one of these and why would you choose that?

P. S. - I'm a bit more inclined towards building a solid shed, but do you think that it's worth all the effort for that project?

Old 02-04-14, 05:08 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I like stuff that lasts! A solid built shed with proper maintenance can basically last forever. A temporary structure might be cheap and easy but will have a limited life span - sooner or later the elements will destroy it.

Old 02-04-14, 07:01 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,153 Upvotes on 1,928 Posts
I'm with marksr. Go for the solid, more permanent shed. The fabric one you linked will work to protect against sun and rain for a few years but it does have a very limited life span. It will also do almost nothing for theft prevention or protect it from really severe weather.

Old 02-04-14, 09:12 AM
G
Received 2 Upvotes on 2 Posts
Those tarp shelters don't offer any protection against vermin--the tall 2-legged kind or the small multi-legged, are hot in the summer, and don't breathe to control condensation. Not the kind of environment I'd want to store anything of value.

Old 02-04-14, 03:33 PM
K
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'm with these guys. that bike is big & heavy, doors on each end is a must. drive in drive out.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question