snowsled cluthches

Old 12-06-02, 01:48 PM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
snowsled cluthches

i dont know if this is the right section for my question or not but it was about as close to snowsled i could find anyway heres my question.
On my yahmaha snowmobile do i need to take the clutch off and clean it and lubricate it and if so do i take bolth off or just the one with the helix on it and how???
Thanks
Curtis Harrison

Old 12-11-02, 11:25 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 142 Upvotes on 131 Posts
Sorry Butterfingers!

I guess no one here knows much about snowmobiles. The topic has been suggested for a forum, but we have to find an expert in the field to moderate it. I hope you find the info you need!

Old 12-26-02, 03:34 PM
L
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I'll spew my 2 cent limited knowlege on centrif. clutches. When I was younger, we had a couple of Attex 6X6 ATvs with dual centrif clutches. You could take them appart and change the springs in them to get different rates which essentially matched your HP to the clutch. Too much or too little spring got you into trouble. Everytime that we took one apart, we made sure that everything was clean and moved freely. The constant cleaning with a pressure washer and the occasional submersion caused them to hang up. I would suggest that you keep them in good working order, clean and lubed making sure that the lube didn't get on the belt.

Old 01-11-03, 05:28 PM
slappythegoat
Visiting Guest
on the cluch system you don't need to remove the clutch. if you buy a can of carb cleaner and spray the three springs and rollers till they appear clean then thats about it. if possible push the clutch in and out a few times. best to clean every winter start-up. do not remove or rotate anything on clutch unless you know what your doing. if tampered you could wind up setting the clutch pressure to tight or loose resulting in burning up many belts. god i love snowmobiling...........go polaris... if you need more info please don't hesitate to email me.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question