no harley riders here?

Old 12-01-02, 03:01 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
no harley riders here?

just wondering have been reading this forum since it came on and seems to be a little towards the jap side.maybe noone that rides a bike needs answers but thought i had stumbled into something good.dont get me wrong i have a great time on my nieghbors honda 250 but he likes it more when i let him take my '46 knuck for the afternoon.which is not often you understand lol

Old 12-02-02, 07:32 PM
STIMPY21
Visiting Guest
Yes HD is spoken here!! I own a 76 Ironhead sporster, Santee custom chrome frame and alot of screaming eagle stuff, front end, pipes and S&S super g carb andrews cam... I could go on and on.I love bikes, four wheelers and dirt bikes anything that moves, I've had alot of makes, jap, brit, HD, but I love my ironhead the most, it is american made, and that means alot to me. It is a true love and hate relationship. Love it when she's running, hate it when she's broke or left me broke ($ wise).
STIMPY21

Old 12-03-02, 01:28 PM
almike
Visiting Guest
hey man, u should check out harleytechtalk.com, its the best harley site ive found to date..........later, mike

Old 06-09-05, 03:58 PM
rehtaeh
Visiting Guest
1950 panhead

i just turned 30, not that it seems relevant, but my step-father came into my life with no transition, they didn't even date, to my own knowledge. I was twelve years old, we were moving into a upper-middle class neighborhood, from the L.A. city strip, or ""Tortilla Flats", as it was dubbed. iIt seems the very first night in our new house, so was steve. by all Psychology's rules, he should've had a hell of time fitting in to our new home. We have been very close since day one. Enough background. I was grounded 3/4 if not the entire school year, every year! So when my house chores were done, my mom thought she'd punish me by sending me out to the garage, to help him with his 1950 PANHEAD! to this day, my rather domineering mom doesn't think I've ever been on the bike! i'd walk seven houses to the corner, where he'd meet me to take me to school! (not very far, she should have caught on!) i am getting self- indulgent with reminiscing, here, i apologize!
anyway, steve sure liked the 'open" look of the Denver Frame, so he ignored all advice to gusset the neck, so after three years, or so, surprise! SNAP! backorder. in the meantime, he came across a 1946 knuck'. the pan sat outside, 1/2 mile from he coast on an aircraft shop table for 10 years, as many parts were raped for the knuck.
almost two years ago, maybe more, my step-dad and I were in contact again, (they divorced in '98), and a friend was storing the knuck , not very well, in (steve's) hopes of repair, so he had someone to get wind in his face with. seeing this as a farce, my boyfriend & I pressured him to retreive it, for his own sake. instead, he took my boyfriend to a self-storage downtown, somewhere, and started handing out milkcrate after milkcrate. I'll be damned, it was the panhead! hammered up! I trip today in the garage- cas i cant beleive my boyfriend has got that bad boy on the road again, registered, (original 1950 title), and REAL custom. my step-dad now rides a conglomeration of bikes stemming form a 1996 evo. s & s engines. jockey shift, so on, but he sure is impressed! nice to see that another reader wonders where the other bike people are! H-D's i mean.

Old 06-09-05, 11:56 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I have seen a number of Harley riders here. Always trying to find out how to make them louder or get them running. Personally I think Harley is walking themselves to the door with what they want for parts and the number of "check-ups" you have to have on a NEW bike. There will always be the nostalsia of the early Harleys but now the Yuppies are buying them and they seem to have an unlimited amout of money to spend. A dealers dream. I love the idea of Made in America. By the way, did I mention that Honda Goldwings are built in Marysville Ohio? Smooth riding everyone.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question