Honda Shadow

Old 07-17-03, 02:53 PM
jdassa
Visiting Guest
Question Honda Shadow

I have a 96 Honda Shadow VT600 VLX Deluxe. I am wanting to remove the original hand grips and replace them with new chrome grips. Does anyone know how to remove the original grips (and replace with new)? Or can you point me to a website that can help me.

Thanks

jdassa

Sponsored Links
Old 07-17-03, 08:36 PM
raiseframe
Visiting Guest
Smile chrome hand grips

I had a 93 shadow (great bike); the best thing to do is contact a dealer. They can tell you , first of all is the grips can be removed - if so I'm sure they can tell you how. Good luck.

Old 07-17-03, 09:26 PM
Standard procedure is to cut the old grips off with a razor knife. If your grips have the little chrome ends on them, just pop them off first. There is no practical way to save old grips for later use. The new grips are installed with grip glue (about $4 a tube), or you can use super glue on most grips, but it sets up so fast that you stand a good chance of having a half-on grip that you have to cut off. Most chrome grips have a rubber internal liner that you glue on just like a regular grip. If these don't the dealer you buy them from will be able to give you installation help (assuming there are no instructions in the package). Be aware that without rubber touching your hands you will feel appreciably more vibration, and isn't exactly fun if it gets wet. Kuryakyn makes a great set of grips (called IsoGrips) that are mostly chrome but have rubber pads that absorb vibration, and they are sharp looking. They have instructions and glue in the package. Not to insult your intelligence, but be sure to put the grip with the larger i.d. on the throttle side...