1991 yamaha 400 4x4 kodiak

Old 02-29-04, 04:07 PM
1991 yamaha 400 4x4 kodiak

ran through creek got stuck, engines runs but something is slipping real bad, won't pull but a very little and not up hill. ???????

Sponsored Links
Old 03-02-04, 12:15 PM
CutterElk
Visiting Guest
re:

Sounds like water got is in gear box and it is slipping. Clean all cases and filter, run some new oil thru. Try that and see if that works.

Old 03-02-04, 12:45 PM
2001 kodiak not 91 my error

tks. for the repley. tore it down and found out the intake hose that goes to the torque converter had loose clamps due to poor design and let water fill up drive box where belt is. diasembled the drive clutch cleaned every thing new grease coating put all back together and jury rigged the ----- poor design that had 10 cnt clamps everything go now.

all this was caused by poor design, allowing water to flood the case. the vent goes out the top under front rack, but the plastic con. to0 the aluminum housing caused this.

Old 10-12-04, 07:34 AM
Exclamation Had same problem ???

Same thing happened to me ,went through creek(barely) then all of the sudden no drive.Took off side cover to check belt and got a good stream of water pouring out .Then I noticed the big vent hose had come off which had these already loose hose clamps you were talking about. Dryed it all off ,put her all back together and shes' back to normal. By the way Itwas a 2000 4x4 Kodiak....

Seppi

Old 10-13-04, 06:05 PM
kodiak

tks for the info.