Make My 6HP Tecumseh Faster?

Old 05-26-04, 05:01 PM
Eagle7Seven
Visiting Guest
Make My 6HP Tecumseh Faster?

Is it possible to make my Yerf-Dog go-kart 6hp tecumseh engine faster?Are there any parts I can buy to make it faster?If so answer my Q's and please give me some URL's as to where I can go to buy them...

P.S. I heard you can make a 5HP B&S engine built up to 20HP.I heard from a 28year Certified Mechanic....well now 29year

Sponsored Links
Old 01-22-05, 02:42 PM
turbo kid
Visiting Guest
a couple things you can try, i had that same engine to let you know, on a carter go kart though. change you sprockets around, try running a tube up to the front then put a small high rpm fan in their to make a ram-air like deal, wont be much boost, but it might help. are you wanting to do off road, yard, racing, or road driving.

Old 02-10-08, 06:12 PM
T
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
There's a lot you can do. Change the gear ratio on the chain or belt drive, switch to narrower tires to cut rolling resistance. You could put on larger diameter tires to decrease overall gear ratio and make the wheels spin faster. Removing the governor from the engine would allow it to rev up higher. Be careful with that one though, you could overheat or blow it out. That's what they do on racing lawn mowers though. The easiest thing would be to put a different intake and exhaust on it, and definitely a different carberator.